* LOCAL RELIABLE TOUR OPERATOR
* CUSTOMER'S SATISFACTION IS OUR GOAL
* BEST RATE GUARANTEE
* EXCELLENT SERVICES - 24/7 SUPPORT
* NO HIDDEN FEE - NO FORCED SHOPPING
* 95% OF CLIENTS RECOMMEND US TO OTHER
Style: Laos Adventure Tours
Hightlights: Pakse - Wat Phou - Don Khong - 4000 Islands – Khone Phapheng Falls
Description: From autumn 2009 visitors of Laos now have the opportunity to discover the serene beauty of Southern Laos during a cruise aboard the newly built cruise
Day 1: Welcome To Southern Laos!
We pick you up at Pakse airport or hotel in town. At boarding this afternoon (Check in is after 2pm), your ever-friendly Laotian crew welcomes you with a cocktail. You will start your cruise experience with the departure southwards. When the sun has set and your cruise vessel is moored safely at the river shore you will get to know more about Laos and its people as well as the nearly 5,000 km long Mekong river during exciting presentations and lectures held by your cruise director. During the next days, indulge in Southeast Asian delicacies for dinner on board or an atmospheric barbecue on the riverbank.
Day 2: Unesco - World Heritage And Nature Delights
After cruising leisurely further downriver you will stop to go on a shore excursion to the impressive temple complex of Wat Phou, relics of the great Khmer empire reining the region from the 8th to 13th century. This UNESCO World Heritage site is located at the foot of the 1,500 m high Kao Mountain. With its mystical atmosphere these ruins are among the most inspiring archaeological tour destinations of Laos.
Returning aboard your can lean back and enjoy the beautiful sunsets from your cabin or the sundeck while cruising deeper into the so called region of the 4,000 Islands.
Day 3: The 4000 Islands
Here in the deep south of the country the Mekong has its widest expansion of up to 16 km during the annual high water period. In thousands of years nature created a landscape that seems almost surreal with thousands of islands appearing in the river bed when the high water declines annually. Some of theses islands are bigger with a magnitude of a few square kilometers, other uninhabited ones are only a few square meters wide.
Today you will go on an excursion partly by river cruise, local slow boat and bus to explore this remote nature escape and you will also see the mighty Khone waterfalls, the biggest falls in Asia. In the evening enjoy our farewell dinner aboard.
Day 4: Return to Pakse
Breakfast is served in the morning, before you disembark for your return to Pakse by bus. (No flights earlier than 11:30 from Pakse or 14:30 from UBP will be reached. If you plan an earlier flight, we’ll be happy to arrange an extra hotel night in Pakse to your itinerary.) A short city tour of Pakse can be arranged for those spending an extra night or leaving late afternoon/evening *
Every river cruise in Southern Laos is a pioneering experience and is subject to constantly changing river conditions, including floodwaters and shallows. Therefore please understand that we must reserve the right to alter the itinerary due to the logistical complexities involved. Small deviations in the program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, local authorities and river and/or road conditions. For safety reasons and according to navigating conditions, these programs may be amended without previous notice.
* The cruise is also operated in the opposite direction starting with the city tour (arrivals until 12am) and the bus transfer to embark the Mekong Islands down south on day 1. The same program will then be conducted from south to north. On day 4, no flights earlier than 11:30 from Pakse or 14:30 from UBP will be reached. If you plan an earlier flight, we’ll be happy to arrange an extra hotel night in Pakse to your itinerary. A short excursion to the village of Sapai to get to know Lao textile manufacturing can be arranged for those spending an extra night or leaving late afternoon/evening.
RACK RATES 4-DAY CRUISES THROUGH SOUTHERN LAOS
High Season: 26 SEP– 31 MAR / Green Season: 01 APR – 25 SEP relevant for the rate is the date of departure, minimum number of PAX in order to operate a departure is 5 guests.
- 3 overnights aboard your boutique river vessel Mekong Islands
- All meals and tour program as per above itinerary
- Coffee, tea and water during meal times
- All excursions and necessary entry fees
- Airport-transfers from/to Pakse/PKZ (airport transfers from/to Thai Ubon Ratchathani/UBP available as mentioned below)
- Presentations and lectures by your cruise director
- Visa fees
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Any flights
- Video or photography-fees (if requested during excursions)
- Personal expenditures or not mentioned services of any kind